Sunday, April 4, 2010

living flame of love, come baptize us

Last week I just started my second school at YWAM Tyler... School Of Evangelism. It is so great to be back here, and I am especially happy to be with my friends again. Mostly, though, I just want to continue to commit myself to God's plan for my life, and become a humble God fearing man. SOE is basically a continuation of Discipleship Training School, but unlike DTS, SOE is not so much focused on myself. SOE is focused on making God known throughout the earth. To see His kingdom come and His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. In July, I will leave for Romania for the outreach portion of SOE. I am so excited... I just cannot wait! I will need $2800, so if you feel led to support me... I would greatly appreciate it. It is so much more than giving someone your money, but rather a way to benefit the kingdom of the Lord. Please pray for me... financially and spiritually: that my fear of the Lord, and boldness in His name would increase. I desire to be more intimate than I can imagine, with the Lord.

"Now John wore a garment of camel's hair and a leather belt around his waist, and his food was locusts and wild honey. Then Jerusalem and all Judea and all the region about the Jordan were going out to him, and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins." (Matthew 3:4-6) It seems as though John the Baptist was a wild man, as illustrated in this passage. But despite his seemingly unusual lifestyle... PEOPLE CAME TO HIM FOR BAPTISM... ALL of Jerusalem, Judea and the region of the Jordan were going to be baptized by him. And amidst all of this "attention"... John still cries out in the wilderness, "Prepare the way of the Lord; make His paths straight." (Matthew 3:3) That is his desire, his only reason for baptizing... for living. It should be our cry, too... even to the wilderness.

"Prepare the way of the Lord; make His paths straight."


No comments:

Post a Comment