Thursday, January 14, 2010

God's heart

WOWOW!


Last night was the first time we performed The Clincher drama. It was amazing... God totally used it to show His love for His children... how He would do ANYTHING for us... and He desires relationship with us SO BAD. I am glad that God shined through...


God's love is so powerful. Just to know that the creator of the universe and everything in it loves us as a father, really overwhelms me with Joy. I am writing this in the midst of class... people crying... people praying. The topic is the father heart of God today... and Sid (the speaker), Josh, and pastor Sung are praying blessings over the students... and standing in the gap for their earthly father. They are praying EXACTLY what God would say to them... what their earthly fathers should have said to them... how they should have loved them if they were filled with God. I am sitting two feet away from a girl who is just weeping... because her earthly father couldn't give her the love she deserved... the love that GOD gives to her.


Sid told a story about his daughter that really made me appreciate my family's love. Just before Sid and his wife Janey left for Korea, their daughter had her first soccer practice. Every time she kicked the ball, she would look at her parents for approval... "did you see that... did you see that!?". She wanted to know her parents were proud of her... that they approved. She wanted assurance of their love.


That story makes me realize that I want my parents to be proud of me... and I know they are. So I am sitting here in Korea... and I didn't take the traditional life route by going to college... I didn't do what the world wants me to do. But it feels GREAT!!! God blessed me with an encouraging family... and loving parents that want God's will for my life. What a gift. Thank you so much mom and dad for your love and encouragement... I am glad that I have parents that want the BEST for my life... God's heart.



Thank you everyone for praying...


1 comment:

  1. Hey Joey ... proud would be an understatement. Thanks for writing and thanks for the update. LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete