Saturday, January 2, 2010

My first day in Korea...

was amazing. Despite my lack of sleep last night (because I kept waking up every 45 minutes) everything was priceless!

We are staying in the Good Shepherd church which is just outside of Seoul... sleeping on the heated floors! We got to walk around the area today for about six hours... and that was sooo much fun! The people here are so cute and loving and friendly. AND THE ESPRESSO AND COFFEE IS AMAZING.
I will upload pictures soon, but I have to find a more efficient was to do it. If you have facebook, then you could add me and look at my pictures that way. I will also find another site to upload them to, as well.

This morning I read Jeremiah 1, and the whole chapter described my journey to Korea. It was totally of God, because I just randomly decided to start reading through Jeremiah. And, what do you know... the very first chapter describes exactly what I am feeling... and exactly what I feel God has been telling me lately. READ IT hah! It is just so cooool WOWOW.

9 Then the LORD put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the LORD said to me,

"Behold, I have put my words in your mouth.
10See, I have set you this day over nations and over kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down,to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."

I love this. God has put HIS words in my mouth... I don't have to worry about impressing anyone. So why do I? I just need to focus on the Lord... and letting Him and only Him be shown in everything I say.

More to come... but I better get some sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Joey,
    Thanks for the blog updates. I can't wait to here more about Korea and how God will use you. Just like you said "focus on the Lord".
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joey - it was so much fun to talk to you via "skype" today. Technology is so cool and I must say, you looked really good! I am constantly praying for you! I loved reading your blog entry, especially the part about Jeremiah 1 and how God has put HIS words in your mouth. God is soooooo good!!! So yes, stay focused on HIM and let HIM be shown in EVERYTHING you say and do. May God bless you as you begin to serve in South Korea. I am proud of you and I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH. Oh, and I miss you tons!!!!!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete