Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The last few days have been amazing... to say the least. It seems as though everything has been anointed by God. I can really see (REALLY) His hand in everything.

We arrived at the retreat center yesterday... and had to walk about 30 minutes up the mountain to reach our destination. It was fun... just looking at the mountains reminded me of how BIG God is. Everything here is so beautiful!

I have been listening to the band Take It Back a lot lately... and all of their lyrics seem to explain my mind perfectly! Especially the following...

"I will love the unloved. I will cherish the hated ones. I will welcome the shunned, with my sweat and my blood."

I want this to be my anthem as I love these Koreans for the next 6 weeks (and for the rest of my life). I do not know them personally yet... nor do I know their past or anything. But... I love them as my Father loves them. EVERLASTING... NEVER CEASING... NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCES. If I am created in the image of God... then I NEED to do my best to strive to live as He did on this earth. This... to me... means loving people, His children... unconditionally. I just want to let Jesus shine through me...
During the last worship... I was jumping up and down during the song, and two Korean guys came over to me and stood beside me. They wanted to praise the Lord by jumping and shouting! So... when the music picked up again... I started to jump... and they did too! I could see the joy on their faces as they praised the Lord FREELY... FULL OF JOY! I am honored to be used by God in this way.

I would right more... but the internet is slow and not very assuring. I do not want to loose what I already have written. I have way more to write, but it will have to wait until next time.

Just to let you know... the schedule here is very tight... and there isn't really any time to be on the computer except for now (permitting the the internet is working). I will try to get on as much as I can.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Joey, I love reading your blog posts. You mention that God is giving you a desire to love the unloved - that's the GOSPEL!!! I smiled when I read the part about jumping up and down in worship and the two Korean guys joined you to worship the Lord freely - that's the GOSPEL too!!! And walking 30 minutes up a mountain to serve others - GOSPEL! The GOSPEL in action ... beautiful!

    I love reading your blog posts Joey. Thank you for taking time out of the important work you are doing to write them. It is so good to connect with you even if it is over the computer.

    I LOVE YOU AND I MISS YOU!!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so cool Joe! I wish I was there with you, I cant wait to one day do what your doing. Thanks for writing, I know it is probably hard to find time. Your an awesome brother!

    I love you!!!

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man, it sounds like your taking advantage of the time you've been given. I see you running after God's heart to reach out for the unloved when nobody else will. Keep it up. Still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete