Wednesday, June 30, 2010

prague, czech rep.

Oh, the Lord is good to me. I cannot express my excitement... the reality that God has enabled me to go to Prague, Czech Republic is so crazy to me!

To be honest, my flesh desires are to go sightseeing, check out some cool skateparks and hang out in coffee shops. I am already having to fight even the thought of these things. I do not want my real purpose in being here, in Europe, to take second to what I may desire. While I am here (and for the rest of my life) I want to give up the "rights" I think I have as a human being. The "right" to relax, or the "right" to do what I want to do, when I want. I want to enjoy doing God's will, here in Prague and with my whole life. I know it may not always be comfortable... or desirable from the world's view, but I choose my spiritual desire over my flesh desire. If I go to the skatepark, God willing... let it be only to show the love of Christ. When I go into a coffee shop (which I sure hope is every day!), I want to reflect the love God has shown me... I want my sincere adoration for Christ to overflow here on earth. May your kingdom come and your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, 'The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.' For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the Go and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." Romans 15:1-7




1 comment:

  1. Joey,
    I love the words you have written. Thanks for being honest, and thank you for sharing the GRACE of our Lord, Jesus Christ!!! We love you and miss you so much that it's sometimes painful to have you SO FAR AWAY. However, at the very same time, we are THRILLED to read your words and THRILLED that you desire to live for the glory of GOD!!!

    Love,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete