Wednesday, July 14, 2010

constanta, romania

I am certainly overjoyed to be here in Constanta, Romania! Each day, I am struck with an attitude of thankfulness to the Lord, for I cannot believe that he has enabled me to spend my summer this way... to see his kingdom come and his will be done in eastern Europe... to prepare the way of the Lord, whatever you would call it!

We just left Cheb, a small city right on the German border, in the Czech Republic. It saddens me to see that prostitution is a big problem there. German men will drive to Cheb, only to pick up a prostitute... because the "sex is cheaper there." Sad. On a better note, though, I did get to witness the effectiveness of prayer. We had just talked with a woman on the streets, and as she was walking away from us, we noticed a car waiting at the end of the block. Of course it was waiting for her. She walked closer and we began to pray that she would not get in... or that something would stop her from going with the men. She was about to get in the car, when a policeman drove by and flashed on his light and sirens. Immediately... immediately, the girl walked away and the car sped off. Praise the Lord, right!!?

From there we took a series of four trains to get to Constanta... a total of about 30 hours aboard a train. I really enjoyed it, to be honest. I am just happy for some mode of transportation, even if it was super hot and sweaty the whole time. I do not really know what to expect while we are here in Constanta for 10 days. I guess God knows, though... and that is comforting to me. It feels neat to be in the same area that my sister Elona was from. She lived in an orphanage in Belgorod Dnestrovski, Ukraine... which is right on the black sea, close to the Romanian border. I have always wanted to go to this area ever since she became a part of our family... and now, God has let that become reality. Wow.

"O you who love the Lord, hate evil!" -Psalm 97:10 God makes it so clear to us... hate evil. If we love the Lord, we cannot even have the smallest desire to do evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment