Friday, October 9, 2009

HELLO! I LOVE YWAM... OH SO MUCH!

This week has been awesome! I seriously love every second... God has totally blessed through and through. I made the decision last week to go to South Korea for my outreach. Instantly, from the moment I heard that South Korea was one of the three locations, I knew God was telling me He wants me there... I am so happy with my decision. There are 8 other DTS students going with, and 4 people leading the outreach. Hopefully I can learn some Korean in the next three months, because there a bunch of Korean ESL students in my dorm.

Here is my schedule... just in case anyone was wondering. This is approximate, for the schedule is ALWAYS subject to change haha!

-wake up
-class from 9-12
-lunch at 12:15
-quite time/do whatever I want until 3:30
-class at 3:30
-dinner at 5:15
-work duty (CLEANING CLASSROOMS!!!) from 6-8
-something (usually prayer or worship) at 8
-curfew at 11:30 (1 on weekends)

Last night God told me something really reassuring! For the last couple months, I have always had Isaiah 6 in my head, especially Isaiah's vision of the Seraphim CONSTANTLY proclaiming the glory of the Lord. I thought about it basically all of yesterday, and just praying that God would put those word in my heart ALL OF THE TIME! Just as I was praying that I opened my eyes and the Bible next to me was open to Isaiah 6! And then, that same night, we were singing and one of the songs was about Isaiah 6! Seriously... out of the thousands of verses that Bible could have been opened to, and the millions of songs we could have sang... WOW. So I realized that God was telling me, "Don't get discouraged, you know in your heart I am always with you." It was really cool, to me, because I was starting to doubt myself for some reason.

Well, thanks for reading! Please pray that I do not doubt myself! Thanksss

Love,
Joey

By the way, here is Isaiah 6...
Isaiah's Vision of the Lord
In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called to another and said:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory!”

4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. 5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.”

Isaiah's Commission from the Lord

8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” 9 And he said, “Go, and say to this people:

“‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand;
keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’
10 Make the heart of this people dull,
and their ears heavy,
and blind their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.”
11 Then I said, “How long, O Lord?”
And he said:
“Until cities lie waste
without inhabitant,
and houses without people,
and the land is a desolate waste,
12 and the Lord removes people far away,
and the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land.
13 And though a tenth remain in it,
it will be burned again,
like a terebinth or an oak,
whose stump remains
when it is felled.”
The holy seed is its stump.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Joey! Thanks for sharing your schedule. It is helpful to know what you are doing and when. I am excited for your trip to South Korea. What an amazing experience it will be!!! Thanks for saying in your heart, "Here I am send me!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooo cool. :]
    i'm excited for you and everything you're experiencing!
    -maddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joey!
    Thank you for sharing your blog! I am looking forward to reading this. We all love you so much and I am so envious of all the time you get to dedicate to Jesus and His Word! You are loved!
    Tons of prayers,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete