Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wherever you go

Hi! I am listening to Firestarters right now and it is SO calming!

This last week was awesome! If there is one thing God revealed to me, it's that I WANT God's desires for my life to be MY desires! Everything that I desire should be/is in God... because anything desirable is God's anyways! Do with me what Your will is, God. I want to be a living sacrifice, more than a conqueror... a dread warrior for God's kingdom.

After base prayer this morning, I have come to realize that what God wants us as Christians to do is fairly blunt. Our base director shared this... and it brought a new revelation to me about my duty as Christian. In Matthew 4, Jesus tells His disciples, "come follow and I will make you fishers of men." And each disciple dropped his nets and immediately walked with God. It doesn't say that they hesitated or came on their own time... they immediately dropped their nets and followed God. It is simple... once we make the decision to drop our own nets and follow God... we NEED to be proclaiming the Gospel and sharing God's love with everyone; whoever God tells us to. If I want people to experience freedom in Christ, as I have, I HAVE to tell them about it. How else would they know? This is what I want to do with my life...

God showed me Romans 12 a few days ago... specifically verse 2:
"2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. "

I have bee praying about this for a while... about not being distracted by or attracted to the things of this world, and here is it, Romans 12:2! I want God to transform the way I think... a literal transformation of thought. I want to be stripped TOTALLY of my own thoughts and desires. Then, this verse says I will know God's plan for my life... but it isn't just a plan, IT IS PLEASING AND PERFECT! I cannot wait! God is telling me, straight up, that HIS plan for my life is perfect and pleasing to Him.

Thanks to everyone who has been following my blog, it really means a lot! Please pray that I have more courage to step out in faith when it comes to sharing God's love! And, pray that I continue to love reading; I have been enjoying it lately!

4 comments:

  1. Joey, we are so inspired by what you are writing! WOW, God is doing amzing things in your heart and mind and life! Keep the blogs coming! Love,
    The Borck's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey,
    I'm not going to lie ... I miss you a LOT!!! However, I am at PEACE when I read your SWEET words. What is the mission of YWAM? To know God and make HIM known? HE IS REVEALING HIMSELF TO YOU! Keep reading ... keep writing ... I'm praying. LOVE YOU!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Post. I bet you are just getting saturated there. Thats awesome! Im sure lots of people are being blessed by your posts, Thanks. Blessings from Ottertail!

    ReplyDelete